I was never big on the Grand Theft Auto series but chose to draw this political cartoon as a wordplay on it; more precisely, this political cartoon references the United States of America’s 2000 Presidential election, which resulted in a Supreme Court case titled as Bush V Gore; I used the Grand Theft Auto series’ font to write the ‘Grand Theft Election: Bush V. Gore’ title and names of national public figures that worked together in criminal manipulation of the Presidential election.
The public figures shown in this political cartoon are:
- George W. Bush, who fought Al Gore for the United States of America’s Presidency
- Ralph Nader, who split votes from Al Gore
- The five Supreme Court judges [Anthony Kennedy, Sandra Day O’ Connor, Clarence Thomas, Antonin Scalia, and William Rehnquist] who ruled the Bush V. Gore case in favor of George W. Bush
- Jeb Bush, who was Governor of Florida at the time and is the younger brother of George W. Bush
- Katherine Harris, who was Florida Secretary of State (1999-20002) under Jeb Bush and worked as co-chair of George W. Bush’s 2000 Presidential election efforts in Florida